On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 11:47 +0100, Alexandru Stanoi wrote:
> Kore Nordmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jakob reported bug #11777 [1], which says, that the font configuration
> > assigned to the x axis of a chart is not used during rendering. Instead
> > of this the font configuration of the last axis (y axis) is used for all
> > axis.
> >
> > I have a patch ready to change this behaviour, but we would lose the
> > current behaviour, that the font sizes on both axis are always equal
> > (which often looks "better"), which will also change the output of
> > several test cases, but fixes the bug.
> >
> > The options I can see here:
> >
> > 1) Use different font configurations for both axis.
> >
> >    BC break?
>
> Even if it is a BC break, I think it is more logical to have different
> font configurations for the axis. One axis might have a lot of divisions
> than the other one, so it would be better to render it with a smaller
> font size.
>
> So I would choose 1).
>
> Maybe an option which says "use the same font for all axis" would be
> useful here to avoid the BC break?

Yeah, but I don't see a way to introduce such an option without any
hacks. :/ ... I will evaluate this further.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

Kore Nordmann (GPG: 0xDDC70BBB)
eZ Components Developer
eZ systems Headquarters

tel +49 (0) 231-9742-7750 | fax +49 (0) 231-9742-7751
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | eZ systems | ez.no