On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Dave Fischetti wrote:

> I moved servers recently and didnt realize SafeMode was OFF. When I
> enabled it, checked my EZ compentent script which is running in a
> php5 script (php is running in CGI mode) I get this error:
>
> Warning: require_once(Base/src/base.php) [function.require-once]:
> failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/
> domain.com/httpdocs/inbox.php5 on line 22
>
> Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening
> required 'Base/src/base.php' (include_path='/usr/include/php/
> ezcomponents-2007.1.1:.:') in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/
> inbox.php5 on line 22
>
> I'm including ez components with this call
> set_include_path( "/usr/include/php/ezcomponents-2007.1.1:" .
> ini_get( "include_path" )  );
> require_once "Base/src/base.php"; //
>
> I don't get the error when not in safe mode. I assume its because its
> running in CGI mode, any way fix that?

Yeah, don't use safemode. The feature is a bad idea in the first place,
and it's really hard to get around some of the stupidity in the feature.
It requires you that the UID of all the files in your request are ownded
by the same user. And I am thinking that the files in
/usr/include/php/ezcomponents-2007.1.1 are ownded by somebody else than
your inbox.php5 script

Safe more will be removed in PHP 6 as well.

regards,
Derick

PS : could you please use "new message" for new subjects, and not use
"reply" to an already existing thread when you write about a new
subject?

--
Derick Rethans
eZ components Product Manager