Good morning,

I want to extend the ezcInputForm to represent more complicate forms in my
application. The extended class does additional validation (Is departure date
before destination date, Is the date in the future...) and knows about those
validation errors.

If the validation is OK, I can give the whole $myForm to a getInstance method
of the class representing booking requests. If the validation fails, I can
give $myForm back to the template which shows the validation errors to the
user.

Objections?

Unfortunately, $propertyValues is private, so that I have to iterate about
getValidProperties() and call parent::__get() for all of them.

Couldn't you make them protected? Please! Is sweare I'll not do anything bad
with the variables!

I searched docs/implementation.txt about any policy, when to use private or
protected, but didn't find.

Cheers,
--
Thomas Koch