On Wednesday 14 November 2007 10:32:04 Derick Rethans wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Thomas Koch wrote:
> > Those two classes are not complicate at all, but are really handy and fun
> > to use once you have them and especially if work with booking data as we
> > do. There are many more good ideas at the joda project that can be
> > included in stage 2, e.g. Partial: Times that are not fully defined, e.g.
> > dates without daytime.
>
> I actually think that PHP's datetime support itself provide this
> functionality. I don't think it's such a good to implement all of this
> in PHP, especially because of 32/64 bit issues.
>
> regards,
> Derick

I just added another useful functionality to our DateTime class:
::getNow( DateTimeZone $tz ), ::$fakedNow.

We had an error on our website, which occured only outside of office time. So
to write a testcase for this error, I had to simulate another time then the
current one. I did this by replacing
$dt = new OurDateTime('now', $tz);
with
$dt = OurDateTime::getNow($tz);

getNow() returns a OurDateTime object representing 'now' until you've not set
OurDateTime::$fakedNow to another time.

I consider it useful...

Cheers,
--