Hi Kore,

Thanks for your feedback, i agree about error-handling.

Kore Nordmann wrote:
> As said earlier I still got issues with two sections. My suggestions:
>
> View-management
> ---------------
>
> The controller returns an abstract output object, which then should be
> displayed by the view manager. The view manager receives the output
> object and the abstract request object an can decide on the base of both
> of them which view handler to use.
>
> Example
> ^^^^^^^
>
> 1. The user requests "/some/file.pdf"
>
> 2. The controller generated the data for this.
>
> 3. The view manager receives a OutputObject with the data, and knows
>    from the request structure, that a PDF file has been requested. The
>    view manager now select the PDF generator as the view handler and
>    calls the right template for the generated output object.

Why shouldn't the view-handler be selected by the router ?

Do we want to make input-object fixtures in addition to output-object
fixtures to test a view-manager ?

I think that the router should select the view-handler, allowing it to not
use input-objects.
This also seems more natural to me because the view-handler definitively
needs the output-object, but could be totaly abstracted from input.

Example :

1. The user requests "/some/file.pdf"

2.1 The router filters input and makes the input-object

2.2 The router selects the controller

2.3 The router selects the view-handler

3. The selected controller runs with the input-object

4. The selected view-handler runs with the resulting output-object

In brief, can you elaborate the reasons why you think that
input-to-view-handler-selection should not be done by another router please ?

Regards, James

--
James Pic