Good Morning,

Rumour are going round, that there'll be another Google Summer of Code in
2008, but it's not sure yet. As one can expect the timeframe to be rather
short, I already open the topic.

How do you think about participating? Any ideas for projects or mentors?

I already checked, if google accepts a CLA[1]. It does.[2]

I'd propose a project to merge ezcDatabase into eZPublish, if this could be
done by a student. Accelarating the SOAP component would be great, too. Or
something usefull on top of the components: A PIM server to store contacts
and calendar items for Akonadi.

If I'd have enough Karma, I'd volunteer to help in mentoring.

Cheers,

Thomas Koch

[1] http://ezcomponents.org/contributing/cla
[2] http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60327&topic=10728