Thomas Nunninger a écrit :
Hi,

I see your problem. However, you should not cache PDF files in
memory anyway, but store them somewhere as PDF files and link to
them. Reading a 100 MB PDF through PHP is overhead in itself, so
you would not want to use Cache here anyway.
That's just your opinion on this, and perhaps there's other content
for which this does make sense.
I don't think so. It's commen sense in the PHP world to store such
ammounts of pseudo-static data on disc and let the webserver do what
he does best: Serve content. Even starting PHP in this case does not
make sense, since it slows down the whole process significantly.

In most cases I agree. But what if you need strict permission checking (e.g. paid content or privacy reasons)? How should the webserver know about the user and his permissions?
I don't know if it really means anything to caching, but there are interesting options to apply permission checks in php then let the webserver handle content delivery, at least with apache: mod_sendfile for one, and an upcoming mod_authz_dbd.
Hey: maybe we should go for a mod_authz_ezp???

bye
Gaetano