Hi,

last weekend I looked a bit on ezcWebDav and how it can be used to implement a
GroupDAV server. It seems, that it's pretty easy to do.

My first idea was to serve Kaddressbook. I already have some persistent
objects to represent all informations inside a vCard. There's only one
missing piece: A GroupDAV server needs to serve contacts as vCards.

I could use the PEAR Contact_Vcard_builder/_parser or something from horde,
but both implementations are not very clean. And eZComponents already has the
most important pieces to implement a vCard builder/parser: Since vCards use
MIME, we already have the logic in ezcMail. It's only a matter of documenting
the inner classes of ezcMail.

I'll investigate more in the next days, how I can utilize ezcMail to
build/parse vCards. How do you like the idea so far? Would a vCard,vCalendar
parser/builder fit inside ezcMail?

Best regards,

--
Thomas Koch, Software Developer