On Fri, 9 May 2008, Dave Fischetti wrote:

> On May 9, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 May 2008, Dave Fischetti wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Alex, Unfortunately. I received the error again after
> >> implementing this change. I hadn't restarted apache afterwards, but
> >> I don't think that would matter, right? I just restarted it now but
> >> I have a feeling I'll see that happen again.
> >>
> >> Here is the error I received:

> >> <b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'ezcMailTransportException'

[snip rest of error]

> >> Any other suggestions? Thanks again
> >
> > What you could try to do is to make an Xdebug trace that allows to
> > log *all* function calls including variables. For this to do you
> > have to install Xdebug (http://xdebug.org). After you've installed
> > it, you need to make a couple of settings in preferrably an
> > .htaccess file:
> >
> > php_value xdebug.auto_trace 1
> > php_value xdebug.collect_params 3
> > php_value xdebug.collect_return 1
> > php_value xdebug.trace_output_name "trace.%r"
> > php_value xdebug.trace_output_dir "/tmp"
> >
> > With this enabled it will create a lot of data. Once it happend again,
> > grep the trace files for the term 'ezcMailTransportException' and send
> > me the tracefile (zipped or gzipped) please. With this we can see what
> > wrong wrong hopefully.
> >
> > If you can reproduce this with the CLI as well, please let me know.
> >
> I'm not sure I have the know-how to install Xdebug. There are a few
> issues that make it a bit difficult for me (I'm not the most
> proficient server admin). I am on a shared server with full control,
> but some upgrades are managed by my hosting provider (Media Temple).
> Their servers have PHP4 and PHP5 but PHP5 still runs through CGI which
> is unfortunate. I have phpize on my server but it belongs to PHP4 so I
> don't think it will configure properly.

That's right, but perhaps there is a PHP 5 phpize somewhere as well?

> is there anything else perhaps that I can do besides installing Xdebug?

I don't know what else we could try to figure out what goes wrong here.
Perhaps the only solution is that if you can reproduce it easily, we can
get access to the server that demonstrates this problem so that we can
try to reproduce it on the machine where it goes wrong.

regards,
Derick