Tobias Schlitt wrote:
> The set stuff is only needed, if you intend to fetch just a subset of
> related obbjects (not all). For example, if you want to fetch the top 3
> sold books for each author.

It's time the holiday starts... why didn't I make the link? A set is a
collection and since the existing methods return everything it only
makes sense to add subsets. Quite the "Duh!" moment now ;-)

> There is no code, yet, that is why you just find a design document
> draft, so far. I agree with you, that ending up with thousands of
> (potentially not used) objects in memory is not a good idea. For this
> reason, I introduced the set stuff. :)
>
> If these features are used in a reasonable way, I expect it to be quite
> performant.

True, any fetching has the potential to be used in a wrong way. If the
appropriate methods are there, it's up to the programmer to use them the
right way. As the saying goes, there's no point in trying to make
something fool proof...

Cheers for the explanation,

Hans