Hi Tobias,

I just worked on a project in eZPublish, where I have to modify a
PersistentObject on different places. If the object has been modified,
it needs to be stored to the DB of course. But I do not know, whether
further modification at other places will take places.

So in the end it could happen, that a persistent object is stored
multiple times to the DB in only one PHP call.

So since you're working on the identity map to reduce multiple loading,
I thought that it is the same issue with multiple storings.

Maybe you could add the ability to postbone the storing to the end of
the PHP request?

Best regards,
--
Thomas Koch, Software Developer