Hi,

there's a class ezcAuthenticationUrl, which provides a static method
normalize( $url ). It's a usefull method and I'm using this method now
in a context, that has nothing to do with authentication.

>From my viewpoint as a user of ezc, it would be much more logic, to have
this method in ezcUrl.  However this is not possible, since
ezcAuthentication would then depend on ezcUrl.

MvcTools could also use functionality from ezcUrl to parse request Urls.

So my thesis is:
- There are basic components, like ezcUrl, ezcConfiguration. These
  components provide very basic functionality, can easily be seperated
  and do not depend on other components.

- There are higher level components, like authentication, MvcTools and
  others that might be developed in the future. These components will
  need functionality provided by the other components. TieIn components
  are not an option, since the needed functions are essential and not
  optional. So to comply to the policy, the components need to duplicate
  functionality, that already exists in another component.

Proposal:

Distinguish between basic and higher level components.
Basic components may not depend on other components.
Higher level components may depend on basic components.

Best regards,
--
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
YMC AG, http://www.ymc.ch