Hi,

you could get better answers, if you'd provide more accurate descriptions of
your problems.
However I believe that your problem is not related to eZ Components, but to
some unintended character set conversion somewhere on the way. Please read
http://koch.ro/blog/index.php?/archives/50-MySQL-character-sets-primer.html
and make sure, that mysql is configured the right way.

Try to issue a
set names utf8;
statement at the beginning of your MySQL session.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch

--
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro