Hi,

There is Bug #15095, which reports that a bar might interfere with the
y-axis, which is reproducible here.

The problem now is: The behaviour is entirely "correct", and it would
require a rotatedBoxedAcisLabelRenderer to properly "fix" this problem
for this use case.

To explain that:

The positiong of the x axis labels and steps is correct for common line
charts. Moving them inwards would look strange - and break BC.

Bars can only be drawn "around" steps for normal axisLabelRenderer, the
boxedAxisLabelRenderer offers a better bar-chart-specific rendering
algorithm, which "fixes" this, but does not implement rotated labels.

I don't see a sane fix for this, except for a combination of the boxed
and rotated axis label renderer to a new axis label renderer (like
mentioned above). This would be a feature addition, which I would like
to postpone after the release - on the other hand the current behaviour
is wrong in terms of the rendered result. And there is no trivial
workaround for labeled axis (Except for null values at the beginning of
the data set).

Two choices:

1) Implement the new renderer and add it, even we are in RC1 now.

2) Leave the bug open until after the release.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

Kore Nordmann (GPG: 0xDDC70BBB)
eZ Components Developer
eZ systems Headquarters

tel +49 (0) 231-9742-7750 | fax +49 (0) 231-9742-7751
k...@ez.no | eZ systems | ez.no