Hi,

On 10/09/2009 11:44 AM, Damien POBEL wrote:

> Have you seen this benchmarks [1] between template engines on Fabien
> Potencier's blog ?
>
> ezcTemplate components seems to be very far from others tested template
> engines in terms of performances (execution time and memory use).

as far as I understood the blog post, he only tested the first execution
of a template (namely the compilation phase). I think this number is
quite unisgnificant, since a template is only compiled once (on first
execution). More interessting would be, how fast the subsequent calls
are, since this gives an insight into performance of the compiled code
and therefore into the quality of the parser.

Parsing itself is a very memory consumpting process, if done correctly.

I'm curious about the benchmark. Please keep the list up2date when it's
available. Thanks!

Regards,
Toby
--