On 10/24/06, alain Baeckeroot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 09:41 -0400, Don Dailey wrote:
> > When someone mentioned a position where a pass-alive group should be
> > sacrificed - I wondered if it was also due to PSK issues.

This can also happen with normal rules, if one need a ko threat and the
only possible move is to fill one eye. Nothing specific to superko.

Really? Please enlighten us with an example.

Normally a ko threat threatens to make points (and not give them away for free by killing ones own pass-alive group).

AFAICS it only happens (if at all) with rules where pass cannot lift the ko-ban, and I certainly would not dare to call those 'normal rules'.

Erik