Hi David,

Since I made my last post to you, several people have responded.   They
have made my point and I agree with your point.

It's foolish not to take advantage of domain specific information and
nothing prevents a monte carlo program from doing that as you can see.

Having said that,  I have pretty much a pure Monte Carlo program (not
"pure" but pure in the sense that it has no go knowledge) and although
it does pretty well on CGOS, it has fallen far behind Mogo and others
which use domain specific knowledge.   Mogo of course uses a lot some
pattern knowledge.

If you read their paper,  you will see that they are applying this to
19x19 GO and this program seems to be relatively strong although perhaps
not the best.

- Don