that's truly bizarre.  i've never been cheated on
kgs, and in fact think that with the right ruleset
it would be very difficult to be cheated.  anything
about which there is any confusion can easily be
settled by playing it out.

One example: The other player made very strange moves building a perfect but very small territory in his corner. I got the rest of the board. I found his play very strange. Then he passed and he asked me to pass too. I thaught he wanted to resign and passed also, it was a clear win for my position. But then the stupid software could only recognize only his territory and declared its a win for him. I did not know how to correct it and lost the game. Other players just "disappear" from the board. Without saying anything or resigning. When one the also quits the game it can happen that the game is considered lost. The reason for disappearing was no technical problem, because one could see them playing on in other games.

The most annoying thing on KGS is Kyu-Fetishm. Due to this experiences above and also my lack of experience with humans I was rated 19 Kyu. My "true" playing strength is about 15. But it is very difficult to improve, because all the people want to play with a better ranked player. I setup as condition 19 +/- 2. One almost only gets offers from 20 or 21 players, seldom from 19 Kyu and practically never from 18 or 17. If one contacts oneself an 18 Kyu player, this offer is usually declined. Personally I never delined a 20 or 21 Kyu. I wanted to play, but it would be more interesting to play a few ranks below.

Chrilly