2006/12/26, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
There are many other ways to take advantage of your opponent in
chess that I consider sound if applied in a very measured and
careful way.   None of them call for making truly unsound moves,
especially when you consider that in a losing position, all moves
are unsound in some sense.    Now you are in a situation of
"risk management",  you are looking for moves that give you the
best chances of winning (a lost game) and usually, it requires
a move that makes it the most difficult for your opponent.  This
is not quite the same as moves that make it easiest for you, which
is what you look for in WON positions.

There's one easy way I found to do this in Go. In handicap Go,
if you're behind, set up a ko. :)

Ko does complicate a game, and almost by definition, you will play it
better and gain something.

--
Seo Sanghyeon