> The Cotsen Open has a cash prize for the best computer program,
> which I felt somewhat guilty accepting after loosing all games due
> to the bug, but SlugGo was the only program entered this year, and
> the cash did help to offset the cost of renting the wheelchair van
> with hydraulic ramp that I needed to transport the cluster.

i guess this question has already been asked, but i'm really curious
now -- did the organizers want for the hardware to be on-site for the
games to be played (i.e. to prevent cheating), or did you just want
to bring the hardware on-site?  or maybe there was no internet
connection in the room where games were played?

s.