In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Petri Pitkanen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

All these are rather imaginary problems really. How many times you end
arguing about the outcome of a game at the club?

I rarely do. But 15-kyu players do; they generally ask a stronger player for help.

This year, as referee at the London Open, I was not required to deal with any status problems. But I was summoned to deal with a game-end status argument there the previous year.

Japanese rules are
de-facto rules in international go and hence computer  programs should
implement them best they can.

Humans can find it difficult enough. Requiring programs to do something that humans don't know how to do is unreasonable. If I am to referee a human event, I prefer area rules, which don't lead to these problems. If I am to referee a computer event, I greatly prefer them.

Nick

And they problems  doe exist as Robert has pointed out, but simple
counting procedure out weights any problems encountered so far. And
besides on normal game difference is just 1 pt.

Also It is good that unsound invasions are punished. This is supposed
to be game of skill. If someone make silly invasion that does not
require answer, the more skilled player i.e player that correctly
passes should be awarded a point for his skill.

Petri

--
Nick Wedd    [EMAIL PROTECTED]