Hello,

It looks like most of these games are being won in the opening.  Doesn't
mogo have a big UCT opening book?  Is it learning from each game it plays
as
well?

unfortunately no for both. Its opening book is at maximum 4 ply (deepest
variation) and if you play first on a yoshi it is 2 ply (that is white
answer to your move and that's all).
Learning from each game would be great, but not so easy to do if you don't
have access to the strength of the opponent. And by the way, it would be a
little cheating, as the opening book would be then be overfitting the
players on cgos. For example I managed in some experiments to create on
opening book which gives a 100% winning rate against gnugo! But (i) there is
bad moves, and (ii) it would be an not interesting overfitting.

Sylvain

PS: by the way, I set "limited" version of MoGo playing on cgos, with
extension "_xk", which means making x thousands of simulations per move.
Currently, there are 3k and 10k playing.

David