It seems that you GTP implementation doesn´t implements the
command "final_score".

About the passes. I found that "pass" move is not sent by twogtp.py to the
other player.

So, from a black player point of view, you will receive: "genmove black", you
will process and return your move. If you receive ANOTHER "genmove black" it
means: "play white pass", then "genmove black".

It works for me, my gtp implementation works agains gnugo, agains itself and
with the KGS client.

I hope it helps,
Eduardo