William Shubert tells me that the "abort" message is internal to kgsGtp. It really means that a command has been undone, with the usual GTP undo command to the program. It turned out there was a bug in the undo function of Orego, which I've now fixed.

Moral: if you have this problem, make sure your program handles undo correctly.

Peter Drake
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Lewis & Clark College
http://www.lclark.edu/~drake/