On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 10:35:08PM +0100, Heikki Levanto wrote:
> I just downloaded it and had a quick look.

Perfect timing - while I was writing my mail, you released 0.98
That works much more better. Now I get something like

playout_benchmark 1000000
=
Initial board:
komi 7
    A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  J
 9  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  9
 8  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  8
 7  .  #  O  #  .  .  .  .  .  7
 6  .  .  #  #  .  .  .  .  .  6
 5  .  .  .  .  .  #  .  O  .  5
 4  .  .  .  .  .  #  O  .  O  4
 3  .  .  #  .  .  #  #  O  .  3
 2  .  .  .  .  #  .  #  O  .  2
 1  .  .  .  .  .  #  .  .  .  1
    A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  J
Performance:
  1000000 playouts
  13.3568 seconds
  74.868 kpps
Black wins = 890260
White wins = 109740
P(black win) = 0.89026

Much more reasonable number of wins for both players, P in range, and
seems to correlate with the the position.  Problem solved.

Now I just need the time to play with it all...

- Heikki

P.S. and better n umbers too, once I got my cpufreq scaling to give me
full cpu speed when needed...

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk