On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 19:54 +0000, ivan dubois wrote:
> Isn't UCT equivalent to Alpha-beta with some cleaver pruning rules ?

Both UCT and Alpha-beta are mini-max searches, but UCT is a best first
style search and they are substantially different.   UCT doesn't prune
any branches, it just visits some branches much less than others.

alpha beta actually prunes whole trees without any further consideration
but only when it is safe (fully admissible) to do so.

- Don