>> it is a rather small picture, but do the terminal positions of 19x19
>> games between very strong players show more fractal qualities (or some
>> other physics "thing") than between, say, 15 kyu amateurs?

> Yes. Pro games are near a limit of (un)-stability. ...
> - Beginners are under critical
> - Pro near critical
> - (Quasi) Random players above critical.

It'd be an interesting experiment to see if you can train a neural
network to be shown a large set of final positions (*) from each of A:
pro, B: 10-15kyu, and C: random player, and be able to categorize them
correctly. My guess would've been that A and B look very similar, but
unfortunately I don't have the time to investigate currently.

Darren

*: To avoid a bias due to pros recognizing and resigning lost games
earlier, it'd have to be games that were actually scored and the size of
the win was no more than around 4 pts.