try() and expect() to suffer()

or install() signal_handlers() everywhere().

s.

----- Original Message ----
From: Markus Enzenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2007 12:39:28 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] GTPv3

On Saturday 03 March 2007, Stuart A. Yeates wrote:
> In an ideal world I'd love to see go move to RFC 3920, but that would
> be quite a disruptive shift.

this RFC describes an asynchronous message passing system; GTP is more like a
simple remote procedure call at Go engines.

These are different things and therefore you cannot really compare GTP to UCI
or call UCI more advanced. I cringe, when I think about how to write tools
that need to access functionality of Go engines, but have to deal with
unexpected messages or state changes at any time.

- Markus