On 3/7/07, Harri Salakoski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi
As reading
http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/~vanderwerf/pubdown/solving_go_on_sm
all_boards.pdf
don't understand chapter 5.1. Following 3*3 go game.

Maybe you were not actually reading the above link, but chapter 5 of my
thesis? The thesis contains more info, so that's fine, but then it's better
to use that as reference.

All can be found at http://erikvanderwerf.tengen.nl/publications.html

-A2
eee
bee
eee

Don't like your formatting :-(

#..

-B2

#O.

-B1
#O.
.#.

-C3 - can be bad move according chapter 5.1

Subtle details in the rules can occasionally make a huge difference.

..O
#O.
.#.

-B3? - don't understand how black wins using this move(a in diagram 10)
.#O
#O.
.#.

-A3
O.O
#O.
.#.

-C2
O.O
#O#
.#.

!!! situation: white to move, no consecutive passes, no point illegal due to
basic ko !!!

-A1
O.O
.O#
O#.

-B3
O#.
.O#
O#.

-C1

O#.
.O#
O.O

-A2
.#.
#O#
O.O

-C3
.#O
#O.
O.O

-B1
.#O
#O.
.#O

-A3
O.O
#O.
.#O

And now black has no legal moves as position repeats?
at least my test code says so.

Move at C2

O.O
#O#
.#.

situation: white to move, no consecutive passes, C1 Illegal due to basic ko

Somebody could enlight me what I have misunderstanded chapter 5.1.

The situation is different. For details see section 2.2.1 and appendix A of
the thesis, or the section about the rules in the ICGA article.

Erik