On 3/29/07, Weston Markham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/29/07, John Tromp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Weston Markham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It appears to me that at least 91 is possible:
> Nice! If you use O's instead like
>
> .OO.O.OO.
> OO.OOO.OO
> .OO.O.OO.
> OO.OOO.OO
> .OO.O.OO.
> OO.OOO.OO
> .OO.O.OO.
> OO.OOO.OO
> .OOO.OOO.
>
> it looks pretty artistic, like a vase with a flower inside:-)

:)

It appears that you can get 92 as well, by replacing the two empty
intersections along the upper edge of my diagram with a single one in
the center of that edge, and placing an empty intersection on one of
the other intersections along the central line of symmetry.

If it weren't for the fact that that central line is needed to keep
everything connected:-)

-john