We also have just become comfortable enough with libego
to be thinking about how we intended to add the go domain
knowledge for heavier playouts.

Cheers,
David

On 17, Jun 2007, at 3:15 PM, George Dahl wrote:

Posting that code would be really helpful!  I too was thinking about
modifying libego's move choosing algorithms.  But I haven't gotten
anywhere yet since I have been working on a proof of concept
experiment for what I will be planning to do later.

- George

On 6/17/07, Darren Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> libego is a very optimised library. indeed, very hard
> to change. If it fits your needs, go for it. Its
> simply the best you can do.
>
> BUT, If you want to try different MCGO approachs with
> libego, I'm sure it will be far more hard to change
> than using slowish java.

I've been refactoring the libego playouts to allow me to easily plug in different move choosing algorithms, and choose between them at run- time.
I was willing to accept a slight slowdown, but ironically got a 5%
speed-up (on random playouts).

I want to work on the interface a bit, but then I'll post my code.

Darren