terry mcintyre wrote:

An interesting recap of how the hype can sometimes far outpace the reality:

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~chinook/project/legacy.html
I liked this quote from Robert Nealey, which I think is applicable to go as well; By sticking to its programmed instructions, it may find an extraordinary move that a man who is gifted imaginatively may never find. It knows so much and carries its analysis to such depths that it sometimes, by the beauty of its mathematics, comes up with a truly brilliant move. This is difficult to express, but I think the machine’s complete lack of imagination is its most formidable strength!