> I had a similar issue where pthread/gcc/cygwin combination produced a very
> slow application. I had better success with Visual C++ and Boost (for
> portable threads).

You are right, I should have used Boost for the threads...
Unfortunately, I used pthread, and that mean that the threading part
have to be rewritten to use boost instead :-(.

> Where and when can we read your paper?
You mean my thesis? I defend the 25th september, and then I have to
make some corrections to it, so let's say beginning of november?
Yet, you can read our papers, available on MoGo's page, which contain
almost everything.

Sylvain