In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jason House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Has anyone verified "Hb04 now refused to proceed with the game, neither agreeing nor disagreeing about which stones were alive"? At the start of the tournament, HB04 supported genmove and "final_status_list dead", but not kgs-genmove_cleanup. HB04 played to what it considered the end of the game and then gave a legitimate response to "final_status_list dead" that I posted into the game chat (copied from kgsGtp's log file). As I understand the game end protocol, HB04 not supporting kgs-genmove_cleanup should not cause the game to hang. If both bots don't agree on "final_status_list dead", bots that support cleanup will cleanup and then all stones are considered alive. If anything, HB04 would simply get a worse score. I suspect that the issue was with MoGoBot2. Since I knew hb04 wouldn't clean up in the event of a disagreement, I tried to adjust when HB04 would pass between rounds 2 and 3 to avoid any future issues in the tournament. I overcompensated and HB04 played as described in round 2. I got the tuning right for round 3 (and beyond).

Also, it appears that HBotSVN crashed before its second move in round 5.

Thank you for telling me about these things - I have now corrected the page.

Nick

Nick Wedd wrote:
Congratulations to GNU Go, the winner of both divisions of last Sunday's KGS bot tournament. MoGoBot might have done better but it was suffering from a bug that caused it to time out.

My report is at http://www.weddslist.com/kgs/past/30/index.html.

Nick