On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 06:02:53PM +0200, Alain Baeckeroot wrote:
> Unless i missed something in this 4 pages article, there is nothing in it !
> Just vague phrase, and assumption that brute force (ala deep blue) _may_ give
> a strong go machine.
>
> I think "classical", MC and UCT programmers have contributed much more to
> computer go than this respectable researcher.

I wouldn't put it as strongly, but I also noticed that MC and UCT and suclike
techniques were not mentioned at all.

I am not sure how that affects the predictions. On one hand, the article
seems overly optimistic, but on the other hand, it does not consider the
latest techniques that have shown some real promise, indicating that it may
be underestimating the future programs... Maybe there are other inventions
coming up in the near future that make the optimism more justified?

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk