On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 10:20:23PM -0500, Jason House wrote:
> My use of D has not all been positive.  It's rarely the fault of the
> compiler itself, but stems from the immaturity of the libraries and
> supporting tools.

I think that highlights an often-ignored problem in language discussions.
There are only relatively small differences between most modern languages,
btu their libraries tend be vary more. Also, learning the language basics
should not take long for any experienced programmer, but to learn the
"proper" way to use the libraries, that can take much longer.

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk