Petr Baudis wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   is there any way to send game comments through kgsGtp on your own
> (without the opponent triggering you)?

I think some possibility to send messages would be great. I could swear
I saw MogoBot do this, but I couldn't find anything in the KGSGtp
documentation.

The message I would want to print out most is "This bot will resign by
itself if it's lost. If it does not resign in a losing position, the
status of some groups is not clear, and should be played out, or there
are still some winning chances. It will pass when it thinks it has won."

What I've seen several times is that the game gets passed out in the
middlegame with a large fight almost resolved (in disfavor of the bot,
except that it doesn't understand that sometimes). My bot will only pass
out when this wins in the count, so this usually ends up in scoring
dispute and an annoyed human. I guess people are aking to interpret
"pass" as "resign" when they are winning, but the program's intention is
directly the opposite in this case.

>   Also, it could be interesting if the experimental bots could print the
> winning probability for each move they play in free games.

Most bots are unranked and hence most games are free, so I'm not sure
this is a good idea. Knowning the winning percentage gives you an
advantage and can also be very annoying.

Being able to broadcast a message to all spectators minus the opponent
would be better. This is "whispering" on the chess servers. No idea if
KGS has something similar.

--
GCP