Hi,

What should we be doing to get programmers to bring their bots to the Congress in Portland in 2008?

The AGA is formally not that program friendly, but there can be events for bots, and hopefully events for humans against bots. I am sure that there will be tournaments that will not include programs, but if we start now I am sure that we can make it interesting for all. Chuck Robins, one of the TDs, said that he is willing to have tournaments that allow computers.

The recent thread on testing the strong programs and what ratings they might have has me thinking that it might be good to have various programs set up to play against any person who approaches the computer. If we develop a method to keep track of the ranks of the opponents, by the end of the Congress each program will have an aprox rating.

What would get YOU to bring your program to the Congress? What would you like to do once you are there?

Cheers,
David