On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 10:16:20PM -0800, Sylvain Gelly wrote:

> > You should be using area scoring only and if you are playing handicap
> > games then either YOU or MOGO is not counting them the same.     Or
> > perhaps Mogo has a bug in the handicap code.
> >

> MoGo uses KGS handicap counting (add 1 point to white for each handicap
> stone) if the GTP set_handicap_stones (approximate spelling) is called.

By the way, is KGS or SL right here? Is the correct white komi with
Chinese counting handicap_number or handicap_number/2?

(Note that in case of ING rules, the komi is handicap_number. Perhaps
whoever wrote this on the SL page was confused by the fact that half the
komi stones are placed in the opponent's territory when counting
manually?)

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
We don't know who it was that discovered water, but we're pretty sure