Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:14:48 -0800 (PST) terry mcintyre wrote:

>Heading back to the central idea, of tuning the predicted winning
rates and evaluations: it might be useful to examine lost games, look
for divergence between expectations and reality, repair the predictor,
and test the new predictor against a large database of such blunders.

Sounds a little like Temporal Difference Learning to me. I understand
both MoGo and Crazystone use patterns, do anyone know whether they use
such machine learning techniques to assign weights to them?