A new position is always visited unless the leaf of the tree is the
end of the game. In that case, one player always win, so the other
always win. Then, the losing player will explore all the other moves
to avoid the sure loss. If all moves are still loosing, that will
propagate to the move before, and the exploration will begin and so
on.
There is indeed no forced exploration, but there is exploration as
soon as a move is loosing.
I can totally be wrong, but currently I don't see where this does not
hold. Does it?

Sylvain