Christoph Birk wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Olivier Teytaud wrote:
>> With 20 minute games, some people succeed in winning games
>> against the release 3 of MoGo. But for
>> X-hours-per-move, I don't know.
>
> What are the self-play results (white vs. black) for "hour-long"
> games of Mogo?
> I am wondering if the proper komi for 9x9 is really 7.5.

Is your question whether 7.0 or 8.0 is the best komi?   Or do you
suspect a different 1/2 komi value is best?

In thousands of tests I have run with strong programs,  7.5 appears to
the best fractional komi.   I believe 7.5 is a win for white with
perfect play,  but I'm not sure - however I am pretty sure it's the best
fractional komi to use because 6.5 is clearly in blacks favor and 8.5 is
clearly in whites favor.

- Don