Of course there is no perfect rating system.    I'm probably obsessing
over nothing,  there is no overwhelming deficiency of CGOS over other
rating systems, but all of them suffer from the transitivity problem,  I
don't think any of them address that.

Most "weirdness" that you see with CGOS is either imagined,   or based
on intransivities.    There has always been some suspicion that the
anchor is not "heavy" enough but it's hard to prove.    If this is the
case,  the solution is to use more than 1 anchor which at times we have
done.       There is also some evidence that when I changed the starting
rating for programs by lowering it,   the anchor was not able to quickly
compensate for the extra ELO point deflation and we had a
recession.      Based on this suspicion I changed it again a few months
ago to be a less drastic change over the previous starting value.

- Don