From: Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: computer-go <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:46 am
Subject: [computer-go] scalability with the quality of play-outs.

It looks like we have a clear trend now.   Light play-outs do not scale
as well as heavy play-outs.

This is the same behavior we get with computer chess.   For the last few
decades it has been understood that a chess program with a better
evaluation function  improves MORE with increasing depth than one with a
lesser evaluation function so it appears that Go is not unique in this
regard or in it's general ability to scale with CPU power.

Here are the latest results:

      http://cgos.boardspace.net/study/13/index.html