terry mcintyre wrote:

I guess we're all different. Last week, I actually did win a 9-stone handicap game in a simul match against a pro, but I'm not about to claim that this gives me bragging rights or anything, lol.

[explanation of how this game made you a better player deleted]

I see.

If my program won on time in an obviously lost position, I'd be turning every rock to find a way to improve the actual play; that matters much more to me than the win-loss record.

I would recommend to the human player to improve her time management. I
am sure good time management makes you a better player :)

As an aside, isn't the level of "the actual play" *defined* by the win-loss record?

--
GCP