> If you're looking for spare processors, how about a "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> program for Go?-)

It appears that the Chess community has had such a project already:

    ChessBrain: a Linux-Based Distributed Computing Experiment
    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6929

    ChessBrain II - A Hierarchical Infrastructure for Distributed
        Inhomogeneous Speed-Critical Computation
    IEEE CIG06, Reno NV, May 2006 (6 pages)
    (IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Games)
    http://chessbrain.net/docs/chessbrainII.pdf

    old project site:
    http://chessbrain.net/

>From the chessbrainII paper, it seems they considered Go, but
before the recent developments that made parallel processing
promising. The papers might also be interesting for their discussion
of parallel tree search and communication issues.

Claus