On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd have some preference for playing the decisive game with komi = 6.5,
> but apparently thats not possible on KGS. I think with komi = 7.5 white
> is scoring very high (too high?) in the top games.

Last year (when the komi was still 6.5) some participants played
through kgs with Japanese rules. Of course internally their programs
still used Chinese rules, so some final scores had to be corrected
manually afterwards.

Anyway, I think it would be much nicer if, at least for unrated games,
one could simply set the komi to any value.

Erik