I stand corrected.  Do you know if you were able to measure a strength increase?

Magnus Persson wrote:
Valkyria does, because is superheavy anyway! A lot of weird stuff can happen near the end of the game against programs that play randomly. I think I implemented it because I had to to make it play correctly in some positions. But it was a long time so I do not remember the details.

-Magnus

Quoting Michael Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

While this may be true, I don't think anyone uses the superko rule in
the playouts.  It would slow them down too much and there would
probably not be much benefit beyond the theoretical.