Mark,

I would figure that given the popularity of both Eclipse and git, the problems
connecting the two easily, similar to the way Eclipse and Subversion connect,
will be solved sooner rather than later. And once they are, it won't be too
difficult to transition from whatever you choose to use in the interim. It's
not like the core "framework" project is going to have a ton of supported
branches or even contributors, right?

BTW, I don't recall why you were moving off of Subversion. Why not stay there
for the interim unless you have lots of coders who will be working on the
framework (as opposed to being a client using the framework .jar-s). I figure
the JAGS framework would only have a couple of contributors. It's the clients
of the framework who want to experiment with the least investment in "install,
set up and indefinitely tinker" who will gain advantage. And they don't need
version control at all. Almost all of them will just be consuming the framework
.jar-s and likely doing the development alone. And for those who are part of a
team (or are just have to work with a one), they will be choosing their own VCS
completely decoupled from the choices around the development of the JAGS
framework.

Jim