Terry Mcintyre wrote:
> Is it reasonable to expect pro players to use 6-dan
> programs as a tool for analysis? The pro players are
> markedly better - at a rough guess, a pro player
> could give a 6 dan amateur human or program a 3 stone
> handicap.

Yes, I believe so. Some tests indicate that 2-kyu programs
(Leela or ManyFaces on moderte hardware) seem to be useful
to detect "certain" blunders in the games of 2-dans.
2k and 2d are also three stones apart.

The other "evidence" is that in chess a rating difference of 300
or 400 points was no problem for computers to be good helpers
in analysis of grandmasters.

Maybe, when Zen should become commercially available within a
few months and with a strength of 1-dan (or even 2-dan), it
might be tested to find blunders in games of 4-dan or 5-dan
amateur players.

Ingo.
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*